- The nominees for the 2020 Emmy Awards were announced on Tuesday.
- Brilliant shows like “Watchmen,” “Killing Eve,” and “Insecure” all scored nominations, but some series deserved their nods more than others.
- For instance, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” once again received numerous nominations — despite winning plenty of times in the past.
- And shows like “The Crown” and “Mrs. America” often eclipsed more groundbreaking shows like “Euphoria,” “Pose,” and “Normal People” in certain categories.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The nominees for the 2020 Emmy awards were announced on Tuesday.
And while there were a few pleasant surprises (the 26 nominations scored by “Watchmen” and Zendaya’s nod for her role on “Euphoria,” to name a few), plenty of familiar Emmy favorites still dominated, including “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” “Ozark,” and “The Crown.”
It’s not that these shows aren’t good — they are — but in some cases, their nominations came at the expense of other equally excellent shows like “Pose” and “Euphoria,” both of which also feature diverse casts and center marginalized voices.
And others, like “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” have been nominated so consistently over the past few years that continuing to heap praise upon them feels a little bit unnecessary.
Here are 6 people who don’t deserve their Emmy nominations — sorry.